The future of Jewel - Pieces of UK

I've just uploaded a new Beta version of my site which I've been developing recently. It's very experimental and in its early stages of development, but contains a number of ideas that I've been playing around with. If you want to follow its progress then I'll be posting details of future updates on my twitter feed. A brief summary follows...

JewelTube
is my new version of the youTube player. It was written using the YouTube APIs and Tools. New features are multi-lingual lyrics and skip points. There aren't many videos available at the moment as a number of Jewel videos have been removed from youTube recently and also it will only work with embeddable videos.

Visualizations
written using the Google Visualization API will give a graphical view of a number of Jewel statistics. At the moment there are two visualizations: songs by year, so you can see when Jewel was most prolific and when she was taking a break; albums by setlist, is Jewel still performing more songs from Pieces of You than any other album? More visualizations will be created soon.

Calendar
Past and future concert and TV details with a monthly view or a list view. Also has an option to view album by setlist visualizations. Currently only goes back to 2007, but more years will be added soon.


Songs
A Jewel song database with a visual tag interface. It allows you to select songs using various criteria eg songwriter; genre; album. At the moment this is far from complete, I've still to add a lot more data.

Comments

BBKingRue said…
Hi Chris

Long time Jewel fan/collector here. we actually traded tapes back in the late 90's.

i'm very interested in getting some fresh transfers from your Mini disc recordings.

I've got 1st and 2nd gen cassette copies of most of your shows.

I've been uploading dozens of my Jewel recordings over on The Traders Den torrent site.

please get in touch with me directly at : bbkingdime@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from you , thanks

George Rue (Connecticut, USA)

Popular posts from this blog

Wintery Scenes